Hello from Gatineau Quebec, Canada

First time on this site and found lots of good info. I proudly own a 67 Buick Skylark 2 door sport coupe. I trade 2007 2 person ATV 650cc with some trimming for it. Straight trade. It drives and rides really nice. I haven't driven one in a very long time. Last time I drove one those I was a teenager trying to get his driving license. The wife told me it's like riding an air mattress on wheels very comfy.:bana:It has a 300 hp 2 barrel with an ST300 transmission. Have to change the wiring and fuse box because of rust in fuse box and shorts here and there mostly because the protective coating on wiring is cracked and brittle. Anyways would anybody know where I could find a transmission switch or some call it kickdown switch. The one I have does not operate because half of the linkage was broken of. It was like that when I bought it. Thanks in advance.
LONG LIVE BUICK :hurray:

Firsttimebuick

Welcome to Team Buick from downtown Stittsville (...just across the Ottawa) !! :wavey:

STITTSVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Small world. Nice to meet ya.If my arm was longer I'd be able to shake your hand. Know some people that live there. McClaens. I'll assume you have a Rivieara. Is it on the road or is it still project. Hopefully MY Skylark will be by mid summer. Anyways have yourself a good one.

LONG LIVE BUICK:hurray:

It will been a Kustom :p
Keeping a straight 8, but a 263 instead of the 248.
Keeping some things stock on the car is good at the same time it gives you an option. In time you could do a strocker with one of the motors, I'm pretty sure there's still parts floating around to do one and then again keeping them both stock does the trick to. I have a 300 in my Skylark. I'd like to replace it with a 340 or 401, Buick of course and stroke either motors later on.

STITTSVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Small world. Nice to meet ya.If my arm was longer I'd be able to shake your hand. Know some people that live there. McClaens. I'll assume you have a Rivieara. Is it on the road or is it still project. Hopefully MY Skylark will be by mid summer. Anyways have yourself a good one.

LONG LIVE BUICK:hurray:
It is a '68 Buick Riviera, and has been on the road for the past 25 years after a complete resto.
I think I have some pictures posted here on this site, and a few others.
If you attended the final show in Aylmer this summer, it was there, and won a class award.
I'm usually at Kanata cruise night every Tuesday during the summer season.
I still have a few things to complete 'cause they are never really finished are they?
Good luck with your Lark !! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It is a '68 Buick Riviera, and has been on the road for the past 25 years after a complete resto.
I think I have some pictures posted here on this site, and a few others.
If you attended the final show in Aylmer this summer, it was there, and won a class award.
I'm usually at Kanata cruise night every Tuesday during the summer season.
I still have a few things to complete 'cause they are never really finished are they?
Good luck with your Lark !! :thumbsup:
Just out of curiosity, how many miles you got on the Riviera. To my disappointment I missed the Aylmer show because of family business but my friend went and took some nice pics. I'll see if I can find your pictures and thanks for the encouragement.:hurray:

The odometer only shows 43K miles, but it was in a good bezel taken from a parts car.
The Riv had just under 70K when I got it in '84, and I guesstimate it now has about 85K mikes, as I average approx. 1K miles, or less, per summer season. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The odometer only shows 43K miles, but it was in a good bezel taken from a parts car.
The Riv had just under 70K when I got it in '84, and I guesstimate it now has about 85K mikes, as I average approx. 1K miles, or less, per summer season. :thumbsup:
i guess you could say it's still a young puppy with lots of mileage to go. Mine the odometer reads 115000 miles with no knocks or squeeking. I did noticed that a lot of the gasket where changed. My first clue valve covers were loose. You can guess what I started TO DO AFTER THAT LITTLE DISCOVERY:jeez:

Back