Help! I need a TH350!

bobc455

Team Member
Long story short: I'm in Mass. I gave my Sportwagon to my father in FL. Then the tranny blew up. Then he brought the car to someone who wants $1,700 to rebuild the tranny!!!!

Now Dad has decided to junk the sportwagon, but the car is just too nice for that. Since he doesn't want it any more I found a taker (giving it away for free + shipping), but I need to make the car movable again.

I'd take the car but I have no space to store it (I live in a condo) and I'm already beg/borrow/stealing all the spaces I can).

If I can get a TH350 somewhere along the eastern seaboard, I can drive to FL and pick up the tranny along the way. It doesn't need to be anything special, just a working BOP TH350 so I can get this car moving again.

Any help?

Thanks,

-Bob C.

(giving it away for free + shipping)

guh, damn, how do i miss these fantastic deals. and i'm down here in Fla too.

you weren't able to find anyone to trailer it north for you?

i'm on the east coast but i'll check with my old man. i know we've got transmissions, i just don't know which if any of them are/were good.

That would be a huge help, Bob. If you have one, I'll see if there is a way to get it.

Re: the trailering, I have a few leads but they aren't too happy about a car that can't move. It'll require a winch or something and everyone groans about that. But I think there is one guy who might be able to do it.

Tell ya what - if the whole thing falls through, I'll let ya know. If you'd like the car, we'll get it to you cheap. Just looking to recover some costs at this point (and save the car)...

-BC

It'll require a winch or something and everyone groans about that.

weenies. i've got come-alongs and chains, it's not that big of a deal. easier than loading an engine by yourself on the side of the road.

i've got an open trailer i use to haul my race car. i suppose i could probably haul it up to you over a long weekend or something. but like Ted noted, with gas the way it is i'd probably have to get $1200 just to have a chance of making a little bit. and, of course, there wouldn't be any special insurance coverage. i don't do this professionally.

If you have one, I'll see if there is a way to get it.

i'm up to Orlando on a regular basis. if we could work it out ahead of time we could probably do a meet up or i could leave it somewhere for you.

Back