How to?

How do you load a picture here from my photo files? I need a couple of 15" rims and cant get the picture thing to work.

Ok, I put the picture on my signature. Would still like to know how to put a picture in the thread.

When you are posting your message, above the text area that you are typing in, you should see:

image.png

Note the arrow pointing to the image which allows you to "Insert Image". When you click on it, it should load a window which will allow you to choose an image from your computer to insert. Please describe what happens, I will say that most of the time it is a problem with security on the user's computer being set too high.

I suggest that you consider a wanted ad. With an image it may go out in our newsletter and may get more attention. It also expires, so that people are not contacting you several years from now. As you may also notice by my posting, your ads follow your postings giving them more exposure!

Thanks Bob,
Yea, that's what I did. After I had the picture out of the file and in the box I had no way to go any further. I just had the box showing the file there and a shadowed thread space behind it. That make any since to you? I'll try the "wanted" thing later this evening. I'll leave it in the sig. for now. Looks good there anyway lol.

When I use the image uploader, I always choose the basic uploader. So, I think that means I click on the image icon, I get a window, I choose upload "From Computer", in the lower right I find "Basic Uploader" which allows me to "Choose File". That allows me to look through the files on my computer and click on the one I want. Then I click on "Upload Files" which inserts it in the window.

Try it on a test post in this thread.

the board used to give me problems if i uploaded too many pictures.

use an online image hosting site like photobucket or googledrive and then just use the url.

the board used to give me problems if i uploaded too many pictures.

use an online image hosting site like photobucket or googledrive and then just use the url.

That was some time ago. When I considered what may have been you problem, I modified "Team Members" to have unlimited space. Utah Blaine is a "Team Member" and should have unlimited space.

Utah Blaine, To test it, first try uploading a picture and if it fails, then you could go to your settings and look down the left column for "Attachments". See if there is an old attachment you care to delete, deleted it. Then try uploading the same picture again. If it succeeds, then there is a setting I have to figure out:(

That was some time ago. When I considered what may have been you problem, I modified "Team Members" to have unlimited space. Utah Blaine is a "Team Member" and should have unlimited space.

Utah Blaine, To test it, first try uploading a picture and if it fails, then you could go to your settings and look down the left column for "Attachments". See if there is an old attachment you care to delete, deleted it. Then try uploading the same picture again. If it succeeds, then there is a setting I have to figure out:(

I've tried a couple of different files, jpeg and png. When I hit browse I can retrieve the file and it is shown in the appreciate place but there isn't a ok or do-it button to hit and make it work. I've just got the box there with my file ready to do something but nothing to click on to make it do it. Am I missing something? Sorry about all this.

I don't have anything in my attachments. Don't know how to do that either lol.

I can get sig. and avatar to work with the same files.

Anyone have two wheels like this in 15" for sale or trade?

Attachments

• 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
krash.jpg

you need to click on "Upload File(s)". that doesn't have a box outline around the word, but it is a clickable hot box.

i had the above pic printed on the back of a Carl Edwards t-shirt with this text added:
"How ya like me now, Krashawalski?"

Thanks Bob and Bob K. I think I may have this figured out, maybe. It probably boils down to my computer ignorance. I need things that say 'Push Here' or I'm lost. It seems to only get better with age lol.

View attachment 6218

you need to click on "Upload File(s)". that doesn't have a box outline around the word, but it is a clickable hot box.

i had the above pic printed on the back of a Carl Edwards t-shirt with this text added:
"How ya like me now, Krashawalski?"

lol that's good, how about this? The eyes say it all.

How come it not a regular picture like yours?

Attachments

• clip_image001_thumb6.png
    clip_image001_thumb6.png
    618.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Oswald Trio.jpg

no idea. maybe it's because my files are pretty small?

the board may be forcing a thumbnail preview if it thinks the pic is going to break the display table.

EMzJ1_zpslb1fkxad.jpg

It is because it is uploaded as an attachment instead of inserted as a picture. It can get confusing.

Just for the experience you should go to your settings and look down the left column for "Attachments" and see what you find. As a "Team Member" you don't have a space problem, but all others have limitations and can make room by deleting old irrelevant attachments.

Here is an inserted image by clicking on the image icon as described above:
50_48d.jpg

Here is an attached image by clicking on the paper clip:

Attachments

• 53rmsedan.jpg
    53rmsedan.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1
Back