i have a 85 Buick Riviera with th325-4L transaxle is there any way to mate up a new fuel injected engine like a LS ? i know this trans is front wheel

wildbiker

i have a 85 Buick Riviera with th325-4L transaxle is there any way to mate up a new fuel injected engine like a LS ? i know this trans is front wheel but i'm wanting more power better dependable.
anyone know of a good newer style engine that there is a kit to use with this trans?
any info would be grateful.

In a word, no. The bellhousing is a BOP style and would need an adapter to mount a chevy engine. It was designed to be marginally strong enough behind a slothful 140 horse 307 olds engine. Putting any real power to it especially at 35 years old with how many miles on it will destroy it rather quickly. Let's not even get into the wiring in and plumbing for a FI engine. You will probably need a custom built gas tank with baffling for the in the tank pump unless you're lucky enough to find one from the ultra rare turbo 6 Riv. Unfortunately they're a different layout so you couldn't use an LS powertrain from a 2000's monte ss or grand prix gxp.
Your best bet is to find an Olds 350 or 403 carb engine to bolt in being fully prepared for a transmission rebuild at some point in the near future.
Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear but these are basic mechanical facts. An 85 Riv was never designed to be a road burner but more of a stately sedate cruiser.

Back