Interior Options

O

onebada$$buick

I'm in the process of redo-ing my interior in my '62 LeSabre. According to the original trim brochure I have, it says the LeSabre only came with the vinyl/cloth combination on the seats, which it currently has. I was think of going to all vinyl, which was an option on the Invicta according to the brochure, for better wear and cost.

My question is this:
When you special ordered a car back in the early 60's, was it possible to get options that were available in another model? If not, how much would slammed for points-wise in a judged event if I do this? (I should have posted this anonymously 'cause any judges reading this will be saying "watch for that guy"
rolleyes.gif
)

------------------
Scott Wolfgang

BCA #37508
AACA #662211

1962 LeSabre
1969 Skylark
1989 LeSabre

Advanced Thrust - The 1962 Buick Website

Hello Scott.
You could not get an interior from another model from the factory. You will get marked off a point or two at a concourse show, but most of the local shows will not deduct for that. The Invicta all vinyl interior had 1" heat pressed pleated inserts that ran side to side. There was also an extra welt in the outer bolsters. Most Invictas had bucket seats, as these were the sportier car in the line. I'm sure that you could have your seats upholstered in the same style. I have the correct patterns for a convertible, which I think could be altered to fit a hardtop or sedan. Contact me if you are interested.

Back