Just shootin' the $#!+ about a buick.

B

buferd

It would be nice to see buick get back into the all out muscle car scean again us BU fans dont have anthing great in the new car market to brag about (performance wise Im not rippin on the lux-O sedans).It would be great to see a new buick that could eliminate ALL the chev and ford offerings again.In the 60's 70's + 80's what we had would go fast with class and walk over all the other offerings with out a sweat ,they were untouchable ,cars like the 65 GS400 with the 2-4 nail head and T-10, 70-72 GS/GSX Stage 1 455 (hell any car with a big block ,small block buick or nail head in it .)and, the t-types,the GN's and of coarse the GNX in the 80's, but not a thing since?Why wont buick make another corvette killer with theyre own supercharged 3800 V6? Pontiacs had been using this motor in a SLP manufactured GTA's that are easly made to run mid 14's if not quicker ,I know buick can get more power out of this motor if there owners can ,Soon buick will no longer have there own motor to tool with and theyll be forced to use (ick!) chevy motors like pontiac does, they must do some thing before its to late. I want a buick that will eliminate a new LS6 Zo6 ,just like the Stage 1 GSX,s used to eliminate the original 454 SS LS6's.

With Tiger Woods onboard(or should I say on bored...yawn)I doubt if we'll be seeing anything more interesting than the 4-door supercharged 3800 powered GS . I don't, however think Buick will be losing their 3800 any time soon. Even if they did, the only Chevy motor left would be a 3400 V-6. The LS1 is a true "corporate" engine that if anything, resembles the 215 Buick aluminum V-8. All aluminum,deep skirted "Y" block with a front mounted oil pump,and 10-bolt heads with tall skinny ports. The small block Chevy is dead!....at least as a production engine. It's truely a shame because before it finally died, it snuffed out the V-8's from Buick, Pontiac and Olds. All of these engines were lighter, better designs producing more torque per cubic inch than the SBC that at least had some interchangeability with their corresponding big inch division brothers.

------------------

Back