Lost my car keys

Hi All,

I have lost my car keys. any idea what I should do?
Called a few dealers and locksmiths all said my car is too old..
I have a 96 roadmaster,
Thanks!

I bought a couple of new GM Pickups in '95 and '96. For some reason they came with a couple of regular keys and a plastic key. What do you do with a plastic key? It won't work!
The salesman said drop it in your windshield washer box, if you ever loose your keys, you can get one made with it. So, those trucks have a replica plastic key in their windshield container. May be the only ones, but there won't be too big a problem if the keys are lost. ( I still own both trucks ).

I bought a couple of new GM Pickups in '95 and '96. For some reason they came with a couple of regular keys and a plastic key. What do you do with a plastic key? It won't work!
The salesman said drop it in your windshield washer box, if you ever loose your keys, you can get one made with it. So, those trucks have a replica plastic key in their windshield container. May be the only ones, but there won't be too big a problem if the keys are lost. ( I still own both trucks ).
Hi all,
so here is what I found out after a lot of research:
1. all plastic head keys (also called chip keys or transponder keys) must be coded on site with some special coding machine.
2. most locksmiths can do that or site or second option you have to tow your car to the dealership.
3. YOU WONT BELIEVE how much you can negotiate with them, i called a few locksmiths and a few dealerships, and the locksmiths usually wanted to charge less with on site service.
4. here is a great website that helped me a lot, saved me about $150 for the whole process, highly recommended:

Hi all,
so here is what I found out after a lot of research:
1. all plastic head keys (also called chip keys or transponder keys) must be coded on site with some special coding machine.
2. most locksmiths can do that or site or second option you have to tow your car to the dealership.
3. YOU WONT BELIEVE how much you can negotiate with them, i called a few locksmiths and a few dealerships, and the locksmiths usually wanted to charge less with on site service.
4. here is a great website that helped me a lot, saved me about $150 for the whole process, highly recommended:
Hi, just wanted to say thanks! had a rather stressful key-related situation here and the site helped
thank you for the advice <3 <3 <3

Back