Main studs, head bolts

Jyrki,
When we wanted them, ARP had us send them the old bolts and they calculated the sizes themselves as they don't have any "applications" for straight 8 Buicks. If you do it yourself and give them all the dimensions they can special make those, but they cost more. They want to know the hole depth, etc. I think that they have a worksheet on their web site. We found that they have off the shelf studs that work for both the head studs and the main studs. Be sure to let them know if you need them shorter for your milled block and head. Like I said, you can make it complicated or you can use off the shelf stuff and make your own adjustments.
Doug

That's why I wondered if there's an off the shelf part number for the main studs that would fit the stock mains. I understand that on the head studs - depends on the shave.

Gerry Duttweiler told me the combustion chambers cc different between years, but he couldn't say if the heads were shaved by the factory or if the chambers were cast in a different depth?

Back