mid rpm brake up

O

Old-Nailhead

ok gang lets see who can help with this i have a 322 1956 nailhead drove to a show ran great drove back ran great one and a half hours each way. parked the car came out and took a ride a little while later and here it is the problom!!!!!! the car has a 3sp when i wind up the rpms about half way to shift the thing starts to break up like starve for gas or something. also if it sits for half day or long er you need to shoot fluid it it to start ok here is what i have done, all this is new, elec. fuel pump and line from back to front,pentronix ignition,timing 5udc,accel cap and rotor,stock carb (2bl) and edelbrock (4bl) still dose it . ok so all i can say is HEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!

------------------
Brian (Old Nailhead) McKinney

HMMMM..... Did you gas up between the time the car ran well and it's present state? I mention this because I filled my Riv up with a gas that had a high percentage of ethynol in it and the car had similar symptoms. But as the previous post noted its probably the in tank filter.

------------------
1970 Riviera
1996 LeSabre
And many Buicks in the past.

thanx for the reply there is a new sending unit on the new pump and lines and ihave run many tanks of gas also draned it when put these parts in

thanks for reply any more ideas

------------------
Brian (Old Nailhead) McKinney

Just to clear all the fuel supply questions, put a pressure guage on at the carburator and see what you get.

Also your Board notificatioins are being returned, so please click on profile at the top of this page and check your email address.

[This message has been edited by bob (edited 01-22-2002).]

Back