Need help for 320part !

saltracer

Hay guys......need a little help. Need a distributor gear for the 320 engine.......I don't know if all gears will interchange or not ? But I am using the 320 engine...........thanking you in advance for any help you can give me.

Dale

Got a spare distributor for a 320 that has a broken right mounting ear...if you wanna pay shipping it's free, I have too many parts even eBay isn't getting rid of 'em fast enough.

need help

Hi Dale, how is everything going. Are you going to Speed week? We worked on the 1950 Buick last evening, did a few repairs. Mike has ordered an LM-2, that will measure O2 in both collectors. It is due in at noon today, if he gets it we will do some more work this afternoon.

Hi Dale, how is everything going. Are you going to Speed week? We worked on the 1950 Buick last evening, did a few repairs. Mike has ordered an LM-2, that will measure O2 in both collectors. It is due in at noon today, if he gets it we will do some more work this afternoon.

Gary..good to hear from you guys. No, I am not going to Speed Week this year, I am going to try the World Finals in Oct. ( my Grandsons are coming home from China for the summer and I want to spend as much time with them as I can).
Updating the LM1 is a great idea, seems like if I mearsre O2 in #2,............then #7 burns ,ha.

I am also making piston coolers/squirters to try to cool pistons fron the underside.

I have changed so much, don;t know if I would have been ready for Speed Week anyway. After we talked about changing oil pumps, I started on that. Ended up making a .500 thick main gridle/crank scrapper and using that for the foundation for the Ford Oil puump. Got that all finished (slick as hell). But instead of welding up a shaft to drive the oil pump, I installed the .531 Ford distributor shaft in the Buick distributor, fabed a new points plate, with all Ford stuff inside and even used the Ford adapter and larger cap.

Seems like everything I start ends up in a big ass deal!

But it,s finished now. That's why I needed another distributor gear, I made two of these while I was at it ( as you know , going 1600 miles to rae with one of anything is stupid)

I have welded up the rods and am starting on them next, got my new 13 : 1 pistons they look great.

If I have any "extra " time I am going to try to get the injection system to work, so far can not get within 40 horse power of carbs?

Anyway good luck, stay safe, and go fast,

Dale

Last edited:
i am interested in your modded distributor. i am just starting my 40 limited project and was thinking about completely remaking the distributor stock bottom section and HEI top. i am a machinist and access to all the resorces just need a distributor to duplicate.
But if your mods are easier can you share them?

thanks
ken

i am interested in your modded distributor. i am just starting my 40 limited project and was thinking about completely remaking the distributor stock bottom section and HEI top. i am a machinist and access to all the resorces just need a distributor to duplicate.
But if your mods are easier can you share them?

thanks
ken

This distributor mod was made in order to drive the Ford oil pump.........before the Ford Pump I just converted the stock dizy with electronic pick-up and ran a MSD box ,go to
http://www.davessmallbodyheis.com/ he does a great job for the right money. Also a lot of the guys are running late Pontiac full HEI distributors with success, I know Ol'Yaller use to sell them, check some old post

Never a problem man...this board is good in that there's help freely given and the attitudes are minimal. Some more popular boards could learn a little here.

Back