RE: Dual Action Fuel Pump

wavey.gif
Fellow 50"s Classic Buick Enthusiast's;

I'm L@@KING for a Dual Action Fuel Pump for a '56 Buick AC Type FL.
I had every Intention of Rebuilding the Pump. When I removed my Fuel Pump from the Motor, the Pot Metal Outer Caseing was severely Pitted and Corroded, I was extremely lucky to remove it with out It breaking apart. So Basically what I have is a Core. My intentions are to send it out and have it rebuilt of use as a core in exchange for a Rebuilt. That will take Time. Does anyone have one readily availabe, that I can put on the car while I send mine out to rebuild and put on the shelf?
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
beers.gif

Tom Gallagher
shield.gif

I thought there may be a fair amount of inchangablility, but looking at the Hollander, it is specific to the late '55 and '56 AC #5594283 or 5594304.

wavey.gif
Hi, Bob!

You mentioned that You have a Hollender Interchange Manual. That's a supurb resource for Reference Material.
The 1956 Chassis and Body Part Book lists the Fuel Pump as Type FL Part # AC 5593924.
The Outside Housing is Really Pitted and Corroded BAD. L@@KS like it could used body work. It still has the Original Tarpaper Diaphrams which have to go. Rebuild Kits are about 45 bucks.
I don't mean to take Advantage but as long as You have that Hollander handy do You have a part number for a Bowl Cover Gasket for a Carter 2400S 2 Barrel?
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
beers.gif

Thanks,

Tom Gallagher
shield.gif

It doesn't break the pump down beyond the unit. Even though it doesn't show a great interchangablity for that particular pump, it does not mean others may fit. The reason may be that all previous ones had a sedament bowl and yours did not. Therefore while you could use others they are different and not considered interchangable.

Tom, the carb air horn gasket for the 2400S is a Buick part #1172249 or Carter #121-270. The same part was used on other Buicks w/Carter 2 bbls from 55 to 60. This is the gasket used at the split in between the upper and lower half casting.

wavey.gif
Hi, Todd,

Many Thanks for supplying the Part Numbers.
thumbsup.gif

Is there Any Vendor/Supplier that You may be aware of that would sell Me just the Gasket Alone? All the places I have been in touch with just want to sell Me an Entire Kit.
I already have the Kit, but the Gasket is Broken. I also need a Choke Thermostatic Housing. Mine is craced due to the previous owner tightning the retainer screws. In my reasearch they give the type of Choke Thermostat a name I'm unfamiliar with and can't recall, but it has to do with the Heat Tube covered in a fabric mesh cloth that bolts on to the rear of the Carb.
Thanks Again for the Part number, and any other Information concerning the other Questions, I have inquired about, would be Greatly Appreciated
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
beers.gif

shield.gif
Tom Gallagher
shield.gif

Back