Rear electric windows don't work

M

mujier

I just bought a beautiful 95 LeSabre.The rear electric windows don't work from anywhere and I am aware of the windows lock/unlock feature on the driver's side. I checked the connections from the driver's side buttons and they seem to be alright.
Does this car have a seperate fuse or relay for the rear electric windows only or what could be the problem. Please hellllllllp.

Thanks
Mujier

You can try pounding your fist on the door panel while holding the power window switch. Make sure the key is on when you do this. If the window starts working the motor is bad. If you can get the windows working this way they might keep working for a while so don't go out and buy a couple of motors right away. The other thing is to take the door panels off and check for power and ground at the motor. Just keep in mind the power and ground reverse between the two wires from the switch. The door locks could be a fairly easy and cheap repair kit. There is a small rubber bushing in the power door lock actuator that breaks. You can go to a Buick dealer and pick up a kit pretty cheap. Usually when this bushing goes bad the door will either lock and not unlock or vice versus. Or you could have a bad switch or bad actuators. Another problem that could cause both a window problem and a lock problem is broken wires in the wire loom where the wires run from the car to the doors. Good luck.

Back