Rear Harness In My '65 Skylark

Nick Stratta

Guys,

I think the rear harness for my '65 Skylark is shot!
I can't get the turn signal indicators to stay working [although I suspect the turn signal column switch], the bulb holders in the lear lamp housings keep falling out and one of the guys who works at my shop did say the terminals to teh fuse box was a bt rust and crust and not brilliant.

I was thinking of one of these Painless kits but they don't have the bulb holders etc on teh ends and at $350 seem a bit ptricey for my needs.

I would class my auto electical skills on the basic side of competent, so cold anyone please advise me if it is possible to get new bulb holders and fit them. Do I, for instance, have to splice the wiring [it looks pretty spliced up to me already] or is it a simple plug into the harness with a couple of pigtails - I think the wires run straight into the back of the bulb holders with no pigtail connectors, in fact I'm sure they do.
It is the original 38 year old wiring!
Are the bulb holders readily available from a NAPA or a GM dealer? What do I ask for?

All in all, I'm leaning towards a new rear harness compelte with the 6 bulb holders and back uplamp wires.

What does everyone think?

Thanks all
regards ;)
Nick Stratta

Back