Sad day for car collectors

Buick Guy

Yesterday I went to a salvage yard in Whitehall, Mt. and watched the start of an operation that is crushing over a thousand cars from the 30's to the 70's. Over two dozen old Buicks. Sadly I cannot save them all so I'll post this for a friend who is doing his best. The crushing starts Monday morning and will take several weeks. If you have any specific needs and he can help you can contact Peter at montanamopar@gmail.com . He does not own the yard but is trying his best to save the Mopar stuff that he knows about and any rare parts of other cars that he can.
Doug

1964 ( alum ) and 1965 ( cast iron ) 4 barrel intakes for the 300ci? both are one year only production.

i assume you already know to keep an eye out for things like the 1967 star wars air cleaner and dual quads or anything like that.

I did see two 64-5 Skylarks there, one two door and one wagon . Didn't look at the engine pile. If you do Facebook look at Montana Mopars he has tons of pictures there.

My apologies, the Facebook link should be Montana Dodge Boys Fast Four Special. Tons of pictures of the yard that is crushing the cars.

Yesterday I went to a salvage yard in Whitehall, Mt. and watched the start of an operation that is crushing over a thousand cars from the 30's to the 70's. Over two dozen old Buicks. Sadly I cannot save them all so I'll post this for a friend who is doing his best. The crushing starts Monday morning and will take several weeks. If you have any specific needs and he can help you can contact Peter at montanamopar@gmail.com . He does not own the yard but is trying his best to save the Mopar stuff that he knows about and any rare parts of other cars that he can.
Doug

Emailed Peter at the stated address. Says he's not the guy to contact.

It appears that he is overwhelmed with people contacting him trying to save what can be saved. My apologies. I think it t out of hand. I was going to go back tomorrow but I will wait until things slow down over there a bit. The good news is that the Buicks that I saw were I a part of the yard that were away from the crusher. I know that one of the Buicks is a 1951 Roadmaster two door Riviera w/power windows w/engine. Hood has been off for years so not much there.
Doug

Back