Th700-r4

Jyrki

Team Member
Has anyone here used a Bendtsen's adapter to swap a TH700-R4 into a pre-dynaflow 40's Buick?
If yes, did you have to modify the transmission tunnel?
And did you fabricate something for the rear engine mount, or just used the transmission rear mount? I'm afraid omitting the rear engine mount would put too much strain on the transmission. The 320 is so heavy, and the front engine mounts are located on the timing cover, so the TH700-R4 rear mount would have to support both half the engine weight and the transmission, and the bellhousing would be under great strain. :confused:
I'm going to perform such a swap on a '46 Roadmaster, and would like to get advise should someone have done it already!

I had the same thoughts. In my case iT is à Jaguar xk box with overdrive connected to a 263.
I am building a single side contraption That is both supportive and anti rotation. It is a bracket connected to 2 bolts of the housing ( around the starter), sandwiched beween 2 rubber mounts connected to the chassis.
i woudloper like to do something similor on the other Side. But have no space.
My second thought was to make a extra support under the box itself. But That is something for later.
succes
met groet
duco

Bendsten adapter

I had the same thoughts. In my case iT is à Jaguar xk box with overdrive connected to a 263.
I am building a single side contraption That is both supportive and anti rotation. It is a bracket connected to 2 bolts of the housing ( around the starter), sandwiched beween 2 rubber mounts connected to the chassis.
i woudloper like to do something similor on the other Side. But have no space.
My second thought was to make a extra support under the box itself. But That is something for later.
succes
met groet
duco

I had contacted Bendsten about this very probem when I thought about putting a turbo 350 behind my 1941 248. He said I would have to fabricate some kind of mount to support the bellhousing portion of the motor. There is an adapter for 1955-1957 chevy's to support the area where the trans bolts to the motor. You may be able to duplicate it. Ecklers sells it.

Back