Trunk Material for 1961 Buick Electra

Can anyone on the website assist me to find a source for the cloth-materials that lined my trunk; as purchased the material in mine was completely destroyed with only a few fibres remaining

I am talking about the "floor and deep trunk well" pieces; not the cardboard vertical pieces that filled in the quarter panel areas; these are OK ( I would replace these also just to update however all I can find is replacement for convertible.

My car is a 6-window, hardtop, 4 door Electra 225 (1961)

Any and all help appreciated

David

SMS auto fabrics is one of two places that makes original material for vintage cars. I have to mention that one time I bought a headliner, original material, good quality and shipped timely. Happy customer.

But, on another occasion it went terribly wrong. I paid for die electric made vinyl that after several months had passed just wasn't shipping out to me, and they couldn't provide an ETA. It was always on its way, just never did. I gave them an opportunity to make it right and even spoke to the owner. I found myself getting refunded through my bank because SMS refused to issue refund for material that never showed up.

Anyways, there is one other one, but I don't recall the name. You can try browsing old car, vintage upholstery supply, etc.
It would help if you could find images from another car for your reference. Definitely save the old material, fibers, anything you have, so you can better compare to the materials that you find.
Does it look like this? from SMS, a bit hard to find but it is there.

SMS.jpg

If you decide to get it from them, let us know how it went.

Last edited:
Back