Where's everybody?

im still here

havent logged on in a long time but still like to read what everyone is building , i always wanted to see if anyone tried rerouting the return to the block cooling on the engine through the front freeze plug and see if the engine cooled better or stopped cooling the front cylinder more than the rest of them ,and the hop up articles are well worth reading , :angry:

My computer was down for a week.
Got a new monitor and am back on line!
But where are the rest of the straight 8 crew?
There are post going on days without any replies!

Last edited:
havent logged on in a long time but still like to read what everyone is building , i always wanted to see if anyone tried rerouting the return to the block cooling on the engine through the front freeze plug and see if the engine cooled better or stopped cooling the front cylinder more than the rest of them ,and the hop up articles are well worth reading , :angry:

Considering runing a distribution tube using all the side freeze plugs for even cooling on a 263 project.

I'm still here and I don't own a Buick right now! I hang around just to learn stuff and help other S8 owners when I can.

Considering runing a distribution tube using all the side freeze plugs for even cooling on a 263 project.

I have seen pix of that done. ??? Don,t know if it works? The land speed guys are always coming up with new stuff.

I,m still wondering about using the exhaust ports for intakes?? Would the intakes pose a big problem handling exhaust?

I,m still wondering about using the exhaust ports for intakes?? Would the intakes pose a big problem handling exhaust?

The problem is the siamese exhaust port with a "T" intersection.

Cylinder 1 has almost finished the exhaust stroke with the piston
approaching TDC. The exhaust valve is still open and the intake valve
is opening during the overlap period. The exhaust valve for cylinder 2
now opens with a big burst of exhaust that blows right past the exhaust
valve for cylinder 1 and past the now open intake valve right into the intake
manifold. This is an extreme case of exhaust gas recirculation.

Paul

Still here , reading and coffee engineering .
Won t have time to start my project before winter ( another project not finished yet because of $$ ), so I may work on the engine inside , waiting for spring .

I really want to try TBI injectors on top of Rochester B and a big plenum , like your first intake . So I m building a Gingery lathe, and later a mill .

I collect ideas , and this may be how I ll build the 38 .
Made with The Gimp :)

projet12.jpg

Still here...ol' Hurricane Irene took my house and all of my belongings (see my post in Idle Chat for some photos). My Buick got flooded up to the windows, I've been airing it out but it's full of mud. Have 2 complete engines in my shop 20 miles away that are fine. But my carport is partially crushed and half of the concrete lifted up although the slab the car is on is still flat, my driveway is also mostly gone so I don't know if I'll even be able to get it out.
http://www.recorder.com/article/leyden-home-swept-away
Got a long fight ahead of me...am renting a house a few towns away (Buckland) and still have yet to clean out my shed, I think my supercharger is toast and one of my '52 heads is under mud but I'll find out what I can salvage as soon as I have a garage to put all of my stuff in.

krinkov , I didn t see the others posts .
This won t help much , but I m really sorry for you and your family .
I hope everything will be ok as soon as possible .

Hurricane

Krinkov, I went through the video clips and I can only imagine what's going thru your mind right now. Luckily your family is safe. When we see these hurricanes on the news here in Finland, it never crosses our minds that it might actually affect someone we know. My deepest sympathy.

You know, it happens...we were in the wrong house at the wrong time. At the moment I'm trying to formulate a plan to get the car out of there! Unfortunately the guy that owns the building where my shop is located couldn't pay his mortgage any longer and the site is going up for auction this month so I'd already moved the bulk of my tools to my house for the time being...whoops! But hopefully FEMA will come up with some money...they already approved me for some rental assistance (I had to immediately put down a couple thousand on a rental house) and they referred me to the Small Business Administration for a emergency loan, and if the SBA denies me I can go back to FEMA for a grant. Whole lotta red tape. But so far the only thing I know I've lost for the Buick is the 4-bbl intake, the power steering pump got wet but not soaked, one of my heads got covered in mud, but the car itself made out very well. Just a lot of branches and debris wedged under it. Life goes on...I'm looking for a bay to rent just to store it and clean out the mud. Then I'll se what I'm working with.

At least , you may lost a few parts .
Who cares , it s just metal .
At least , you , your wife and the kids are safe .
This is the most important news .

It seems I'm the last one here, so I'll turn off the light when I leave :(

Sorry that I have not had time to post lately........been busy remodling my old farmhouse, and trying to get ready for the World Finals at Bonneville next month.

Does not look as if I can be ready, but I at least fly out to see some old friend

Dale, if I remember correct, you too have had trouble with fuel distribution in the past, right? I recall you had a mechanical fuel injection? Can you elaborate a bit on your current setup?

Back