timing

1. Bob

DIY Timing Your Buick Engine, Curving your Buick Distributor

Timing Your Buick Engine, Curving your Buick Distributor This is a lesson on timing, Bob's style! Not a guarantee... Before doing any of the following, if you have points, they must be accurately adjusted! Point gap effects timing! Requires a dwell-tach. have a look in your...
  2. L

71 350 timing issue

I have my 71 Skylark w/ 71 Buick 350. It is back-firing from the exhaust and the from the carb (more pipe than carb). I checked the timing and it is off the chart. When I put the gun on it the mark is showing approx an half inch above the gauge lines. I want to ask before I adjust the...
  3. C

1950 Super Rebuild, need timing help

We just finished putting the srt8 engine back together and converted to 12v, but the timing is off. It cranks and has spark but wont turn over and start. While we need a timing light anyway, was just wondering if there was a way to manually adjust timing. Been searching left and right for a...
  4. R

1933 inline 8, 33-60 timing

I have a customer with a 1933 straight 8 with timing gears and not a chain. Where are the timing marks? And where do I put them?
Back