1950 Buick Purchase Question

joshhirst13

Hi Everyone. I have a question about purchasing a 1950 Buick 2 door 56R. Exterior paint is decent, but the interior is shot. It's a running & driving vehicle with very little rust, but there is some rust through on the front driver side floor. The guy wants $12500.00 for it & won't budge on the price at all. I really want the car, but think he's asking a little too much for it. Is this a good price for this particular year & model car in this condition or should I just pay him the $12500.00. I've looked & looked & this is the best one I've found in my price range after many months of looking? Any advice would be great.
Thanks,
Josh

The is it worth it question is the worst one to answer. If you like the car, you buy it and if you have to sell it for less, that was the cost of ownership. For me cars are money pits, but there are bigger ones that you can pour your money into and I like them:)

What a car is worth is what a buyer will actually pay for a car, not offer for it, and it may be more or less than what 'people think' it is worth.

I always have a value for availability, how easy it is to acquire, etc. In other words is the car 50 miles away or 500 miles away. The car I am looking at is here and now, how much is it worth to not be still shopping in 6 months or ?.

Last edited:
Back