1965 Riviera AC Parts Interchange

danbettis

I have a 65 Riviera that the ac parts have been taken off. I want to know if the under-hood components from a 1963 Wildcat will work. AC lines, brackets, condensor, etc. Thanks

You would need a parts book, Buick of course, & look up all the parts needed & compare parts numbers. I know that the A/C compressor will be the same. Not sure of all the other parts involved. Would be BEST to find a '65 Riv. that has all the parts you need so your not chasing your tail on parts. On that note I have a '65 Riv. GS that has all the parts needed. I live in Ct. so depending on where you live shipping costs could be the deciding factor.

Tom T.

I live in Phoenix, but the car is in Northern Vermont, so I would have the parts shipped there, from you. How much for the compressor, brackets, bolts, hoses, condensor, and controls? Of course there may be things I am missing. Here is a picture of my car. My dad painted it in the early 70's, and changed it over to a 3 speed manual shift with electronic overdrive, so it is a lot of fun to drive.

Attachments

• IMG_3843.jpg
    IMG_3843.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 6
You would need a parts book, Buick of course, & look up all the parts needed & compare parts numbers. I know that the A/C compressor will be the same. Not sure of all the other parts involved. Would be BEST to find a '65 Riv. that has all the car parts you need so your not chasing your tail on parts. On that note I have a '65 Riv. GS that has all the parts needed. I live in Ct. so depending on where you live shipping costs could be the deciding factor.

Tom T.
yes it is required to match each detail of parts otherwise there would be some serious problems. I have faced this situation earlier

Last edited:
Back