322 vacuum advance

Looking for a source for a new vacuum advance for a 322 Nailhead. Car idles fine but bogs way down when put in gear. I've put new points, cap, rotor.... no one has a vac. advance. I've chacked Napa, AdvanceAuto Parts, O'Reily... checked online hoping to find it...If anyone out there knows... please tell me...

322 vac. advance ??

So what could it be?... the car sounds like it is running on 4 cylinders.... I'm at the end of what I know.... which, I'll admit.... isn't a whole lot.

Say Mac,
I'm having the same problem also. My 264 begins to stall out @ about 45-55 MPH. Sometimes it runs cherry, then a hill comes along and then wham-o! I re-built the 2 bbl Rochester and set the float @15/32. Timing is right on @ -+5 degrees. I changed cap, rotor, plug wires, re-built carb, changed fuel filter, I hit a wall. If anyone has ideas, let us know....Please don't just chime in and say "No, that's not it".

P.S. I have since quit giving my business to those exec chumps at Autozone, Kragen, Checkers, O'Reilly's, etc....They only sell Air Fresheners, Wiperblades and crappy chink bolt-on garbage for rice burners.

Last edited:
Hi to the both of you,

three things that came to my mind that might contribute to your problems:
1. Stuck air filter
2. Weak fuel pump
3. possible vacuum leak ?

You probably want to run a check on these ?

Anybody else proving me wrong would be okay also, of course... :bgrin:

Best regards
Maikl

Well fellas, I finally figured it out. It was the condenser. The replacement that I bought was also bad, so I got another one and behold, she runs like a champ.

Back