48' Roadmaster price?

Fitysix

Hey guys and gals,
I have run across a 1948 4door Roadie. The car is all there. Stainless is in good shape, skirts still there, spare still in the trunk all hub caps present and in good shape,interior dirty but no tears or rips. Dash is complete, motor intact (ran as of 5 years ago). Two small dents and a little cancer on the trunk lid. What I am getting around to is, is there any interest in this car? I love the look of it...great lines. The gent wants $1000.00 for it and I would love to save it (if not for myself then someone else) and didn't want to stick the cash out there if it is a unwanted hard to move item. Any input would be appreciated. My knowledge with Buick's stops at my 56' Roadie.
Fitysix

48' roadmaster

Sounds to me like a heckuva deal. If it were closer to me, I'd grab it in a heartbeat[ and deal with my wife later]

I don't really have a place to store it and parting it out has been a thought but, my intention is to save it from going to the crusher. To give you an idea of what I am dealing with ....the gent in question just scrapped a Grand National. He also has a 69 GTO and about 4 or 5 47' and 48' Chevy trucks.....rotting into the ground. It is way too nice to letr it go for scrap. I don't mind doin' the work to get it and parting it out if need be. It is just alot of cash that I would have to be able to recoup as I would be dipping heavily into my project fund (56' Roadie and my sons 63 Falcon). Thanks for the input guys keep the suggestions comin'.
BTW LXRYROD how did you know I am afraid of my wife...you guys been talkin'?
Fitysix

Back