65 Skylark Convertible Gauges

markrieb

Doing the pro-touring thing with my Skylark and need some info on gauges. I'm not a big fan of the radio-dial speedometer and I'll need new gauges to go with the LS2 swap.

Are there any gauge clusters from other GM cars that will fit the Skylark dash? GTO, Chevy II, Chevelle, Impalla all had that style speedometer, but I can't find any info on if any will cross over. I have a spare dash and could cut it up, but I hate to do that If I don't have to, and to really get enough room for the larger round gauges, I'd have to relocate the wiper/headlights/top/cig lighter controls. I could use a full digital gauge set if I had to - Dakota Digital has a univeral one that almost fits.

Attachments

• 20210702_100020.jpg
    20210702_100020.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 8
Dashes are pretty model specific. I think you will be in for some significant fabrication.
How about one of those "heads up" setups that read off the windshield. I saw them in the Pontiac Gran Prix and thought they could be cool.

Reach out to dakota digital tech support, see if they can help you with your project. If they can't do that, why waste your money on a universal product with no support?

Back