700 hp turbo V6 build

Huneycutt

KT Engine Development is building a turbocharged V6 Buick that is an update on the great engines in the Grand Nationals from the 1980’s. This time around its going to have a much bigger turbo, modern engine management systems and more cubic inches. Planned output is in the 700-plus range. I’ve been producing short videos of the buildup and you can follow along at http://streetmuscleaction.com/buick-gnx/2008/12/ if you like. And I’d really like your feedback.:D

No, it uses a 4.1 liter block out of a Riveria. They also came in a couple other cars, I think. KT Engines chose the 4.1 because of the greater displacement than the 3.8 that came in the original Grand Nationals, but the 4.1 is weaker and required a stud girdle and other precautions.

I believe the TA Aluminum block is designed to handle up to 1500 hp. Why would you want to use the weak 4.1? Price differential :confused:maybe?

Exactly, those blocks are awfully nice, but they also start out at six grand and go up from there. It would be pretty sweet though.

Back