95 Regal Vacuum problem???

P

polardog

I have a 95 Regal Custom and the vent, heat, ac, max, defrost, buttons do not respond.

I hit any button on the control panel an all that comes out is air from the defroster and floor. No matter which button I press vent, heat, a/c , max or defrost nothing chsnges.

All the fan speeds run but the unit does not recognize input selection. Off works.

Well if it's anything like my 89 Regal Gran Sport, a vacuum line leak is likely. Last fall I discovered none of my heating a/c buttons did anything...at about the same time I noticed a vacuum line from the plenum had pulled away from a check valve near the cruise controller. I didn't connect the two..until I replaced the check valve ($10) and realized one of the lines off the valve fed the dash controller. Bingo! The buttons work fine (they hadn''t worked since I owned the car) The moral of the story? Check all your vacuum line and inter-connections before you shell out good money for a new controller.

On the 89, do you have vacuum lines at the back of the control panel?

I pulled out my control panel that has the buttons on the front but it has no vacuum lines at the back of it. Only some electrical wiring.

Back