Anti Lock Light

rjewell

I just bought a 2000 Buick Centry. The Service Engine soon, Anti Lock and Traction off light keep comming on. I took it to have the system checked for the error code but it does not show a error.
I check the brack lines, fluid, and any thing else I could think of but no luck. Any ideas??

If the service engine light was on, there MUST be codes.

If the light is off when the codes are checked, there might still be some codes in the "history".

If the light is on but no codes is present, it sounds like a computer error.

Since you have all of those lights together, you might try checking for some blown fuses.

-Bob C.

The lights all go off after the car has been started and the dash diagnostic is done. Then after I start to drive the lights all come on.

I event tried to leave the car in park and pump the brakes to see if is a possible vacuum problem. The lights will not come on even then.

This could be a ignition switch that needs to be replaced ( internal short ). You can take it to a dealer to have it checked .
When switch fails it turns on all warning lights but will not have in codes in the ABS module or the PCM computer and sometimes the temp.hot comes on . HTH
John

Same thing with my 91rm s/w ,the anti lock lite is on all the time but the brakes work great . . Could this be a short or air lock in system ? later bake sorry i'm not any help

Back