Barry Grant on a 350...

3.3 Man

Would the Barry Grant Speed Demon work on a Buick 350? I have the Poston S-divider aluminum intake with a Holey right now.

That Poston manifold looks like a nice one to me, I have never had one though. I am also a fan of Holley carburators.

I am not familiar with the new carburator lines like these, so I don't know what the advantages of using them are, why are you considering moving to one?

Why Barry Grant?

I've been having trouble with my Holley. I've have an electric choke and it's constatly in need of adjusting. The car always dies when I start it up in the morning. It never used to do that when I first got the choke set up. My brother put a Speed Demon in his Chevelle and hasn't had any problems since. I just want a change of pace I guess.

I have a Holley square bore 600cfm vac sec I purchased new & the car runs & starts well compared to the Quadjet on the 350cu Buick mtr. I would like to get a T/A or Poston 4 barrel but none in Australia & the cost to get one would be hidious with our dollar compared to the US $.

regal1973

If the you had the choke set up working well at one point, I wonder if there is something else effecting it. If that is the case, will you be happy if you replace the carburator and continue to have choke problems with the new one?

I guess you put the electric choke on because the Poston did not have mounting for a standard stove choke?

Back