Dual Quadrajets......

S

shadrach62

Any body out there ever run, or hear of running, dual q-jets? I saw a BB Chevy recently with a pair of 800's, and it got me thinking...... I'm imagining a pair of 'em on top of a 6-71, on top of my 401 in my wagon!!!

With the small main bearings in a nailhead engine, do you think the bottom end could take it?

I'm thinking the nailhead won't flow that much air, anyway.

the 425s came with dual 500s stock. I'm running 600s and all's well, but i wouldn't go bigger.

Sorry for the deviation from the original question about dual quads but... Bob Quigg ran dual 750's on his 66' Gran Sport Skylark when he ran 11.6's in the quarter. That was without forced induction. Here's a link to a quick bio of his nailhead in the 11's. http://www.ne-gsca.com/fastnailhead.htm

Back to the quadrajets - I bet it's easier to link up the carter style carbs than the q-jets - just a guess?

------------------
Hub
66' Gran Sport Skylark
Minot AFB, ND

[This message has been edited by c_ehubbard (edited 08-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by c_ehubbard (edited 08-22-2001).]

Thanks Hub. Yeah...the idea is a little scary, just wondered if anyone else had heard of this. Do you have any experience or knowledge of how nailheads hold together with forced induction?

There are a few guys on the nailhead e-group that do have the info you need though. There's one guy with a blown 364 (I think) and a few others that have worked on them in the past. Here's a pic of his mill.
blown%20nailhead.jpg

Here's the link to join the group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BuickNailHead/join There's about 200 or so nailheaders there. Hope you find your answers!

------------------
Hub
66' Gran Sport Skylark
Minot AFB, ND

Thanks Hub. Yeah, The guy with the blown 364 in the HJ seems to have had little trouble his mill holding together, but I get the impression it's a mild build under the huffer. I'm shooting for 800+ hp (want my wagon to run low 10's at least)(grin), that's why I want as much info as possible on the strength of the bottom end. I'm still doing the homework. Thanks again. -Shane

Back