engine accesory colors

R

r brewster

Does anyone know the other original colors of the other engine parts? (Pulleys, brackets, harmonic balancer, etc.)

On my 65 401, the air cleaner is black with a glue on "Wildcat 445" aluminum lable and some white decals for air filter number etc., the carb and alternator are bare metal silver, the alternator adjusting arm is black, the aluminum cast alternator mount is bare aluminum, the power steering booster and its mount are black, the fan and fan pulley are black, the fan spacer is bare metal, and the harmonic balancer is unknown and may have been painted later on my car.

The throttle linkage is bare metal. The master cylinder is bare cast iron and the booster appears to have been silver at one time.

The intake manifold is Buick blue-green, the exhaust manifold is bare cast iron, the distributor and cap are black, the coil and wires are black.

The inside of the engine compartment, including the firewall are black, and the tranny appears to be bare metal. I can't vouch for the firewall color 100% since my dad's '65 Electra was black and mine was repainted by the PO.

The fuel pump was Buick green, but replacements are generally not painted.

The bottom of the hood appears to be black with bare exposed insulation.

The insulation on the positive battery cable is red.

Underneath, the block and oil pan are Buick blue-green.

All head bolts, valve cover bolts, etc, are Buick blue green, like they were painted after assembly.

The fuel filter is bare metal.

The heat line from the manifold to the carburator choke is bare metal with a woven insulation covering.

The oil fill hole cover is Buick blue-green.

Hope this helps,

------------------
65 Electra Convertible (Hers)
57 Chevy 3200 Pickup (Mine)
Mt. Iron, MN

thanks for all your time in responding to my engine colors. it was really appreciated.

Back