Engine conversion

49FLAMER

My 1950 3 speed manual is not a pleasure to drive......I am looking at dropping in the ford 302 EFI & BTR auto drive train ( and of course loosing the torque tube setup ) .Just now checking the weight of the 263 at a eye watering 750 lb ( did I really read that right ) plus trans makes this seem even more sense. Does anyone have any helpful information on this to help with a possible change. I already have a 1950 with a GM 305/700r setup on a G platform but this time I want to keep the original chassis. Why a ford you ask, only because I can buy an entire car with only 165000 klms for $1000. thanks for any help on this.

You just wait!

My 1950 3 speed manual is not a pleasure to drive......I am looking at dropping in the ford 302 EFI & BTR auto drive train ( and of course loosing the torque tube setup ) .Just now checking the weight of the 263 at a eye watering 750 lb ( did I really read that right ) plus trans makes this seem even more sense. Does anyone have any helpful information on this to help with a possible change. I already have a 1950 with a GM 305/700r setup on a G platform but this time I want to keep the original chassis. Why a ford you ask, only because I can buy an entire car with only 165000 klms for $1000. thanks for any help on this.

Just wait until you begin to fight the confluence of the front sump and pump with the front crossmember. It may clear because the 302 is so short but then Buicks have a narrow engine compartment. I'ld find out before you tie up a grand that may be more trouble than it's worth.
Best Regards and Good Luck with all your endeavors, KB.

Back