first car

K

kvboyjay75

I would like to hear from someone on their opinion as to if I am making a good decision ar not. I have the chance to purchace my first car. A 1955 buick century. The body is straight and the engine sound, but the transmission is shot. I am not sure if it worth the 500 bucks they want for the car if i cannot locate a transmission. The back seat needs fixed. I was told I couldn't afford to drive the car and I'm not sure if buicks are hard to find parts for or not. Any info would be great. Thanks Jay Starling

Well $500 for even a running 4 door is a steal in my book. First you can have the trans. rebuilt (i would think around $1000 in the car) and the seat repaired. finding parts is not too hard, there are several places in california for parts (and alot still make from aftermarket). buicks aren't as easy or cheap as chevys and fords parts. as for not being able to afford to drive it, my 1st car in the late 80's was a 1973 camaro and a few years later was a 1960 el camino (i still daily drive). if your ready to work on your own car and learn as you go, then you can do it. you can learn from people on this site, the bca site www.buickclub.org and find parts on ebay (i've found many). hope this helped.

Back