Here is the project ive been working on 68 skylark~
lemme know what you think~

IMG_0687.jpg
IMG_0694.jpg
IMG_0689.jpg

and the power house im building to go in it
IMG_0688.jpg

Nice!

Why did you opt for the dual-carbs? Although they look cool as anything, they are not known to really help power at all on a 455. The Q-jets and Holleys seem to do fine. BTW I always had leaking issues with Edelbrock carbs, but maybe they are better now.

The one thing I would do differently is no red frame. I would make the engine red-red-red, but I like the frame to be black/natural.

My opinion is worth what you paid for it.:D

-Bob Cunningham

Well as for the DQs i wanted a little different look, my hood was pretty banged up when i bought the car, so i figured "hey..why not get a fiberglass hood and have some nice cones sticking out the top of it" as for the red frame, i think i am going to go black, although the pictures dont do it justice, i was goofing around with different paint ideas and wanted to try the marblized look you get when by putting crumbled up wax paper over wet paint, looks really cool, just not on a frame. Still not sure about the exterior color though, either semi-gloss black, baby blue, or a 2 tone scheme. thanks for the imput! ill let you know how the manifold and carbs perform for me when i get this thing up and running!
-jeff-

Back