From the seat of my 'new' 62

Tommy P

I just bought a 62 Buick as a barn find that's been sitting for many years in a barn in Upstate NY. The seller says he bought it more than 10 years ago as a barn find in PA. The previous seller told him that he had replaced the original 215 Aluminum because it seized. Under hood now is a Buick V8 wearing a breather cover marked 310 Wildcat and fed by a 2 bbl carb. Not sure what engine it actually is. The frame and body are in very good shape for a 55 year old car, the interior is intact, the windows raise and lower, all the glass is good, the hood, trunk and both doors close with a solid "thunk!", without binding. The floor pans are bad as is the convertible top. (though, the top frame is in good shape)
I had no space to store it since I have a few other projects ongoing but I'll pick it up later in the week and get some pics posted so you can help me ID exactly what I bought..:)
Glad to have found this place and looking forward to learning about my Buick! Grand Dad had a 53 Roadmaster convertible when I was just a boy! I've loved Buick ever since, still dreaming about someday restoring a 53!

Back