HELP 58 buick dash part

I would like to know what was the trim pieces on the side of the 58 dash where it meets the kick panel. It looks like windlace and if it is where could I get some, if not what is it, or was this added by someone and nothing is to go there. I removed the dash for repaint and now I would like to install but was not sure if I needed this in place first or can it be installed later. Thanks

dash trim

Dear Jim: I have the same missing part re the dash sides. Did you ever find out what should go there and where to source it? Cheers. Michael.

Missing bits

Dear Jim: Yes, I just found it as well. It comes from SMS Fabrics and is called Windlace. It tidies up the space between the dash and the pillar posts. Is this the same as you? Cheers. Michael.

Michael you got it had a sample given to me thanks for the update.

Well it is not ½ wind lace it is only ¼ and I am having some made for me in vinyl not material (OEM was Vinyl) because I felt that it would get wet so close do the door. I also gave him the knee pad from my glove box to see what he could do. He said he would make a mold from mine and make his own pad to go under the OEM vinyl. This guy picked up on that there are two different angles in it. So if you need a knee pad for your 57/58 Buick, as soon as I get mine back ill pass along the address.

Last edited:
Back