Help - Wheel Cylinders

jwaltz

Hi everyone, I need help finding replacement rear wheel cylinder. The bleeder screw broke off inside. I was able to get the cylinder out to work on it. Bleeder hole/threads pretty boogered up by the time I got it out. I was able to drill and re-tap -but worried about the strength of the threads. Delco is cast into the housing, I can't seem to put together any sort of part number string. I've searched all the stores by make and model and only rebuild kits can be found. It is a 7/8" bore -as cast on the housing. Any thoughts on alternate part number or interchanging cylinders?

1963 Buick Special drum bakes on all corners.

Attachments

• cylinder pn.jpg
    cylinder pn.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 9
Hi everyone, I need help finding replacement rear wheel cylinder. The bleeder screw broke off inside. I was able to get the cylinder out to work on it. Bleeder hole/threads pretty boogered up by the time I got it out. I was able to drill and re-tap -but worried about the strength of the threads. Delco is cast into the housing, I can't seem to put together any sort of part number string. I've searched all the stores by make and model and only rebuild kits can be found. It is a 7/8" bore -as cast on the housing. Any thoughts on alternate part number or interchanging cylinders?

1963 Buick Special drum bakes on all corners.
Many of the general motors products carry simular wheel cylinders check corvette olds and pontiac my corvair has 7/8 bore on the front but dont know if something like that will work for sure

You can get wheel cylinders for this vehicle all day long as you can see the suggestions. Rockauto has dropped many parts since everyone last checked. Several sellers are making them aftermarket. There is plenty of ebay sellers and vintage car salvage yards to get used parts. You can get wheel cylinders resleeved wondering if they can pressure test and rebuild the one you have?
This listing shows fronts like OEM and rears like for 64 and newer. As you can see whatever it takes to sell. They just sized the rears. I wouldnt put these rears on my car. I get enjoyment of old parts on old car.
1961-1963 Buick & Oldsmobile Front & Wheel Cylinders Kit. Special, Skylark, F85 – Old Buick Parts

Last edited:
Call up Apple Hydraulics in Calverton NY and buy rebuilt units. 631 369 9515. They will be correct as long as you give them the right tech specs.

Back