How many guys own a Turbo Buick?

Just trying to get an idea of how many people on the board own Turbo Regals or later model cars. Post up with a model and brief desciption. :shield: :wavey:

i just got one!

79 lesabre sport coupe:thumbsup: turbo doesnt work:clonk: has rear swaybar/handling package no power options,cloth bench seat.bought it for my daughter but she doesnt like it:coo: its too big:confused: might go up for sale soon.drives ok,just dont know anything about turbos

Last edited:
Man that's a cool old Buick! I like the Turbo LeSabres. You just never see any of them. They done a feature on one fairly recently in Hemmings Muscle Machines. Same color as your car. If you were not in Washington state I might be interested in the old car! :thumbsup: :shield:

Wow! That is cool.

That seems to be the perfect candidate for a newer-style turbo 6 transplant. At least in my mind...

-Bob Cunningham

i've got a 87 we4 with an astro roof. i picked it up in 03 and it was/is in rough shape. it has just over 130,000 on her now. i've been replacing needed parts and upgrading slowly but surely. its my daily driver during the summer.

:shield: 87 GN t-top here. (Guess what color!!) LOL:thumbsup:

Last edited:
not a turbo, but quick.

Hey, picked up an 83 regal limited a few months back. with a blown motor. was halfway disconected, junkyard style. some of the harnes was cut, missing. SO out all that came, and in went the 455 i'd been building :)

Finally on the road, a little rough looking, needs a good rear end. but she's quick and loud. i'm glad i got it!

now does anyone wanna donate a cowl hood? heh heh i wish. catchya all later!

Why do turbo buicks have to be late model?

I have a crusty 63 skylark w/ the aluminum 215 v8. These motors were available in '63 in the F-85 oldsmobiles- TURBO WITH WATER METHANOL INJECTION FROM THE FACTORY! Cool huh? I thought so, so I'm in the process of hanging a TO3 turbo on this one. It's a factory 4 barrel, almost 11:1 compression, it will be a blowthrough carb setup running on E85 fuel. I'll post pics in a bit.

1987 Buick Grand National

HI, Got a 1987 Buick GN. Car has 125000 mile on it and doesn't miss a beat. I've had the car since 1993. I rebuilt the motor, cause of a bad oil pump, but I built it to last. Got 35000 on it since it was done. I race it and drive it to Bowling Green every year. This is the best over all car I have ever owned.

Quicksix.

Joe.

no, they are two different motors. same displacement but not much interchange. newer motors were the 3800 series.

79 Riviera S-type here, along with a (soon to be) 52 special with a turbocharged straight 8, and a long time from now, a 64 skylark hardtop with a turbo v-6, have the engines, just not enough time

Those are going to be awesome when you get done, either you have the time or the money, never both, sometimes neither! :confused:

I've got an 87 we4 Turbo-T with 92000 miles on it, bought it a little over a year ago, it's in really good shape, haven't done any performance upgrades to it myself, but the previous owner had several done. It's the second turbo buick I've owned the first was an 87 GN was also in really good shape. This one I think is a little quicker than the last though, haven't taken it to the track so don't have any times yet.

Turbo V-6

I've got an 87 Grand National, mostly stock w/31,000 miles. My wife's car is a 1972 GSX Stage I replica. The Bonneville car is a 1984 Jaguar XJ6 with a turbo 320 Buick straight 8. My partner next door Has a 1951 Roadmaster w/a twin turbo, intercooled 320 straight 8. His wife's car is a 1957 Caballero wagon with a 425 nailhead. Our tow car for the Bonneville car is a 1987 jeep wagoneer with a 455 Buick.[plenty of towing torque]. We're a Buick family, does it show?

Turbo Regal owner here. Mine's a 1987 Regal T with the LC2 V6 turbocharged engine and the Y56 touring package. Has a few goodies like aftermarket injectors, Turbo Tweak chip, alkycontrol alcohol injection, TE44 turbo, Walbro pump that is hot wired, a few other small bolt on mods. No track times but I've taken a co-worker with an '06 GTO 6.0/6 speed for a ride with it, he says it clearly pulls harder than his GTO does. Also took a brother in law with a WS6 Trans AM 6 speed for a ride in it, he was rather impressed and said it pulled hard, but I don't think he wanted to admit harder than his WS6. :bgrin:

"I have a crusty 63 skylark w/ the aluminum 215 v8. These motors were available in '63 in the F-85 oldsmobiles- TURBO WITH WATER METHANOL INJECTION FROM THE FACTORY! Cool huh? I thought so, so I'm in the process of hanging a TO3 turbo on this one. It's a factory 4 barrel, almost 11:1 compression, it will be a blowthrough carb setup running on E85 fuel. I'll post pics in a bit." the rover 215 has 8,13 comp. little more boost friendly.

Last edited:
Back