how you get 62 buick dash front apart? and, speed warning buzzer

anybody tell me how to get these peieces out of the front of the dashboard of a 62 leSabre? i have pics of front and back of dash. i cant get the little 'cups' in back out that hold the light bulb. also this relay, has a resistor with a wire wrapped around it. anyone know if a regular relay will work w/o the resistor, or, what the value of R is for it? . also for the horn relay, will any relay work for that as well? they want an arm and a leg for a stock one.

Attachments

• buick dash indicators.jpg
    buick dash indicators.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 3
  • buick dash back.jpg
    buick dash back.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 3
  • buick relay by radio under dash.jpg
    buick relay by radio under dash.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 4
  • buick relay out.jpg
    buick relay out.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 4
just fyi. that speed warning buzzer... my engine wont start unless it is hooked up. with or without the wire wrapped around the resistor being broken. i found a great place on here in references as to how it works tho. for a 66 that is...same diff.

as for getting those dash pieces out, the holes were hanging up on the studs. i was afraid of pulling too hard and breaking but they came off with just a little more effort.

i still would like it if anybody can tell me the resistance value of that resistor tho. it sends a small amount of current to ground when the thing starts buzzing for some reason. it may or may not affect function, as all the newer units (later 60's that is) do not have the resistor on them.

i have my dash completely apart (all except the light switch, which i just found out comes out just like my 56 chevy truck apparently), have it sanded and primered, ready for paint. now if only it would stop raining and the humidity go down, and the temp go up. quite an ordeal, straightening out all the bent heater and vent cables, lubing them, removing rust, getting things to work. re-soldering all the tracks on the cluster's printed circuit. that was easy at least and boy did it need it. lots of opens. NOT covered with plastic as on a 72 camaro's. been a long haul on this as i stopped to repaint my truck. THAT only took a couple of months i should have been spending on this buick. i also sold my 67 lemans project car as well last weekend for a lousey $1750. boy that was a heart breaker. that's about how much i have into this 62 leSabre. ****! at least my leSabre runs. soon as i get glass. i also refoamed the dash pad. got to get that in after it's painted. long slog...i hope not!!! anybody got an idea for what size of a resistor to use, let me know. i guess i can check and see if it works the buzzer at least. funny that the engine wont start without it being plugged in tho.

Back