Model questions

U

USAFA Corey

Hey guys,

I'm new to the whole Buick community, so I was hoping maybe y'all could help out a little. I few weeks back, i saw what i thuoght as i drove by was a 67 Chevelle for sale, but upon closer inspection, saw it was a 67 buick. Talked to the guy, who said it was a skylark, the price was right (VERRRRY right) it looked sweet (has the GS hood and grille), and ran STRONG (shes got a 455 from a '70 buick under the hood, with the 430 68 cc heads) so i bought it. Now the more research i do, it appears to actually be a buick special, not a skylark (has a post behind front window, VIN codes, etc.) and I was wondering what exactly the differences in all teh differnt models/styles were. As far as i can tell, the Special, Special Deluxe, Skylark, and Skylark GS all seem to be the same car, except the Special is the only one with the post, and GS has the whole performance package (motor, suspension, etc.). Any help in lcearing up the differences would be VERY helpful, thanks a lot guys!

------------------
C3C C/SSgt Corey M. Lynch
US Air Force Academy

I thought there would be lots of action on this question! I would suggest that you consider going to our amazon spot at http://www.buicks.net/amazon/index.shtml and scroll down to "Pricing and purchasing Guide to Buick Gran Sports, America's ultimate GS by Buick : the facts and figures book". It is a pretty good book on identifying GS stuff, and their specs.

Back