NEED HELP Passkey system

eric9

Hello,

I've got some problems with the VATS/Passkey system. i'm looking to bypass it by a pulse generator. but i don't know with wire goes where. And howmany HZ the system is.

Its a Park Avenue form 1991 living in Holland.

Ive looked in some diagrams but haven't got any smarter. I've posted a imange from the style connector that I should have.
1991 Buick Park Avenue2.jpg
In my understanding A1 = power 12v B1 = ground. But that leaves me to the fuel cut wires? the starter is already bypassed (by an old aftermarket alarm) My best guess would be A2 but than I still need to know the Herz.

Its a Park Avenue form 1991 living in Holland.

Kind Regards,
Eric

Eric, yes the fuel enable signal is generated on pin A2. See attached pages from the shop manuals.

Could not find info in the Buick manuals on the pulse frequency. An internet search on the subject shows 50 Hz is the most common GM frequency. However some modules use 30 Hz.

Tiny bypass modules to generate the pulses are available from aftermarker suppliers. Just Google search for "passkey VATS bypass". Some of these are switchable to generate either frequency. Most of the data shown there is for Chevy or Pontiac, but generally holds for other GM makes.

Attachments

• IMG_1929.JPG
    IMG_1929.JPG
    525.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1930.JPG
    IMG_1930.JPG
    660.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1931.JPG
    IMG_1931.JPG
    586.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back