rust & yuk in block

iddie makel

Hello everyone,
I finally got most of my freeze plugs in,and also got the pilot bearing replaced.I have not replaced the four large freeze plugs yet on the sides of my block because there is all kinds of rusty looking dirt and material inside.I hate to be doing my first rebuild and then seal all this stuff in there.Apparently the rebuilder/machine shop did not boil out the block.when you guys get some time,would you give me some thoughts as to what you would do.is it possible for me to just flush this stuff out without messing up my new engine parts?I would think that if I leave it in there it's going to circulate around and clog up everything.thanks in advance.
iddie
angry.gif

Hi, I have read in a magazine that Easy Off oven cleaner is pretty much like a hot tank in a can.

Thanks for the response.I think I'll just finish putting it together,roll it outside,try to wash that stuff out,and I'm finished with it.
clonk.gif

Iddie,
Sometimes you have to get in there with a coat hanger or something similar and just keep digging and rinsing. It might take a while, but get it all out. If you have a car wash with a high pressure spray nearby, it might be worth taking the block there and doing it. Some of that stuff gets so caked in that even a hot tank will not remove it.

Back