saveable radiator?

1976 Electra 225

I don't know if the atached pic can be seen, but could this radiator have been cleaned? one shop I called said no, and to buy a new one (I did) I'd like to have this one as a spare,in case I would ever need it. to me, I think it could have been. I removed it, to do a flush before returning it to the road after it had been sitting

note: there were NO COOLING SYSTEM ISSUES.

Last edited:
Maybe not but it can be re-cored. They will reuse you old tanks. One issue is that unless you are trying to preserve an old Harrison radiator, it can actually cost more in some instances to re-core an old tank than it does to purchase a somewhat generic new radiator.

Maybe not but it can be re-cored. They will reuse you old tanks. One issue is that unless you are trying to preserve an old Harrison radiator, it can actually cost more in some instances to re-core an old tank than it does to purchase a somewhat generic new radiator.

the new one was an exact replacement, looks just like the original. so for now I will keep it in the car, and hang on to the old Harrison, just in case I ever need a spare. plus, copper/brass radiators are getting harder to find, most parts stores are selling cheapy ones with aluminum core/plastic tanks

thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back