Scam Alert

I just received this email and thought it was worth posting....

HI YOU HAVE HEARD OF THE CAR SCAMS GOING ON I JUST HAD 1 FROM THIS SITE THAT HE SAW OUR 37 BUICK ON HIS NAME IS RICHY MOORE HE WILL ASK FOR (LAST PRICE ,THEN HE WILL AGREE TO FULL PRICE, I TOLD HIM I WILL NOT RELEASE THE CAR TILL MONEY IS DEPOSITED IN PAYPAL,THEN A DAY OR 2 GOES BY AND HE HAS ARANGED SHIPPING SAY AT COST $4000 BUT HE GIVES THE SHIPPER $2300. HE WANTS YOU TO SEND MONEY TO( E MAIL..JERRYSLAW SHIPPINGAGENT@CONSULTANT )HE CALLS THIS THE OTHER HALF OF THE MONEY, THAT I SHOULD PAY THE SHIPPER. HE WILL NOT CALL YOU OR GIVE HIS CLIANTS NAME BUT HE WANTS YOU TO E MAIL HIM AS SOON AS YOU SEND THE MONEY TO THE SHIPPING AGENT . PLEASE TELL PEOPLE ABOUT THIS #!1 DO NOT GIVE BANK ACC#S . #2 DO NOT ACCEPT BANK CHECKS OR ANY CHECKS FROM PEOPLE OVER SEAS THEY ARE NO GOOD WAS TOLD BY POLICE #3 DO NOT RELEASE CAR UNTIL FUNDS ARE DEPOSIT IN A DIFFERENT ACC OR PAYPAL ( HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS AS FOLLOWS RICHY-MOORE1@YAHOO.COM THE SHIPING AGENT AS HE TYPED IS EMAIL..JERRYSLAWSHIPPINGAGENT@CONSULTANT JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW SO IT WONT HAPPEN TO ANYELSE ,OR THE CAN BE AWARE OF THIS , THE ALSO USE DIFFERANT NAMES

Happens to me ALL the time. It's called the West Arican/nigerian cashier's check scam. I've been trying to sell my '70 Toronado and have had many foreign offers for more than the asking price. The alleged buyer then wants me to send them the difference, but the cashier's check is a phony. Their checks never clear, so I don't know wht they even try.

Yes, that's exactly what it is. However, it's not just Nigieria. This scam is prevalent in many other countries in the world, but the VAST majority of it's victims (or near victims) are in the US. Check out www.scamvictimsunited.com . I am a board member there. Just remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Heres one I got not long ago.Nothing ever came of it after letting them know that I recieved their notification.

DEPT.
REF NUMBER:EML/200793/03
BATCH NUMBER:24/00602/XXPDB

DATE : 21-01-04
AWARD NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to inform you of the recent result of LOTTO LOTTERY/INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM held on 17 January 2004.
Your E-mail Address attached to ticket number 055-11879445 with serial numbers 8445-03 drew the lucky numbers 7-11-25-35-6-8 which consequently won the lottery in the 3rd category.You are therefore been approved for the lump sum payout of £930,000.00(NINE HUNDRED & THIRTY THOUSAND POUNDS) In cash credited to file number EML/2007893/03.This is from the total cash prize of £7.450.550.00(SEVEN MILLION,FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND,FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUNDS ONLY)Shared among the fourteen international winners in this category.

Your fund is now deposited with a security company awaiting confirmation of E-mail address Due to the mixed numbers and names in this office we ask that you keep this award from the public notice until your claims has been processed and your fund remitted to your designated account,to avoid double claim and unwarranted taking advantage of this program by participants, this is our security protocol.

All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 55,000 E-mail Addresses from Asia, Australia,MiddleEast, Europe,The United State of America,Canada,South-America and Africa,as part of our international promotion programs which we conduct once every two years.We hope that your lucky name will draw a bigger cash prize in the subsequent programs.

To begin your lottery claim please contact your agent: PAUL ANDERSON. (Foreign Operation Manager),DIAMOND SECURITY & FINANCE. Tel +44 7708791621 or Paulanderson@post.com for necessary assistance as regards to your claim and final release of the prize money to your designated bank account.

Remember, all prize money must be claimed not later than 1 March 2004. After this date all the fund will be returned to the MINISTRY OF INTERNAL REVENUE as unclaimed. And be informed that 10% of your lottery winning belongs to Security company,This 10% will be remitted after you have received your winning prize.

Congratulations on behalf of our managements.

Ms JESSICA MAY Mr ANTHONY MARVIN. MANAGER CENTRAL(LONDON) ASSISTANT MANAGER. INTL.LOTTO COMMISSION INTL. LOTTO COMMISSION

INT;L LOTT-2003.ALL other right reserved.CODEX-SADDE GS-(LONDON ).

Back