Temperature Sender / Gauge for 263

53_Jeff

So I rebuilt my 263 and had issues getting the temperature sender sealing the coolant in the head. I took the sender piece out of an extra head I have and found the bullet part of the sender on there. Mine was missing this part so just my nut and the flared part of the tubing wasn't sealing against the tapered part of the head. So I put the bullet part of the sender in my car with the existing nut and tubing. I believe I need a new temperature sender. I believe that the bullet shaped piece that goes in the head should be attached to the tubing that goes up to the gauge. Also it appears that the tubing goes straight into the gauge so maybe the gauge is part of the tubing and the sender. My car runs nice and cool with the new radiator, so the temperature its running at isn't really the issue, I just like everything to work correctly. :D

Can someone shed some light on this please?

Also if anyone knows where to get one of these that would be great too!

Thanks,

- Jeff -

It has to be sent out for repair. The tubing & gauge are all one piece. There was an article about repairing it yourself but you will have to goggle mechanical temperature gauge repair. The process didn't look very difficult or complicated.

Tom T.

Back