1952 Water Pump

ailimac

Hi,
Can anyone help me with the correct routing of the hoses coming off the water pump to the defroster and then to the under seat heater. The motor is a 1952 248 and the car is a 1947 Special Series 40.
attachment.php

I have posted this photo of the side of the water pump and have numbered the ports (not including the ports to the radiator).

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_2591.JPG
    IMG_2591.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 41
heater hose

Hi,
Can anyone help me with the correct routing of the hoses coming off the water pump to the defroster and then to the under seat heater. The motor is a 1952 248 and the car is a 1947 Special Series 40.
attachment.php

I have posted this photo of the side of the water pump and have numbered the ports (not including the ports to the radiator).

Pete

ailimac,
Your engine cannot be a '52 248. Last 248 was '50. Therefor, a '50 or older OR a 263.

Just saying.

Ben

heating hose

Yes Ben, you're correct, I made a typing error but what about the heating hose, any info on that?

It depends. If you have a standard tranny, use the diagram in the top left of Bobs link above. If a dynaflow, the one right below.

Ben

Thanks guys. Completely missed link provided. It appears I have a water pump for a Dynoflow but have a manual trans. The motor was originally coupled with a Dynoflow trans but I swapped the crank in order to use a manual. In all the info I recieved about swapping from Dynoflow to manual nobody ever mentioned that the water pumps would be different. Thanks again.
Pete

Back