1962 electra 225. does anyone know where I can find a power antenna?

I was looking for a power antenna to upgrade on my 60 LeSabre (Came with manual) , but was WAYYYY to hard to find an original, and probably expensive and maybe have to rebuild it. Bought a power antenna on ebay for a decent price (I think around $30?) and wired it up and works great!! I love it actually. Just my 2 cents...

was there any trick to hooking it up?

or did it just mount up in the original location with no issues? Did all the wiring hook up correctly? I know some old radios use different cables and hookups.

Not too much of a trick at all. Came with 3 wires. Power, Ground, and I believe some kind of remote wire that I connected to a wire plug that was originally for like a speedo buzzer or something. Bottom line was I connected that wire wherever power runs when the key is on "ON" or "ACC".

Under the fender I used some thin metal straps and sheet metal screws to keep the motor straight and fastened to the firewall area.

Hope that helps. I would've loved to wire it where it only rises when the radio turns on, but My basic AM Sonomatic doesn't allow it. You can also hook it up to a switch (like original 1960 did) and have it rise when you want it on...It can get just a liiiiiiiiiiittle bit annoying having it go up every time the car is on "ON"...but I kinda still like it because it had no antenna at all before.

Back