322 Intakes

Fitysix

Did Weiand ever make a 3 deuce manifold for the 322? I know Offy still does. Any other manf. out there that do? How about dual four manifolds? Ok Ok.....how about any manifolds for the 322
Dale

Weiand and Edwards made them. However, I Believe that they are no longer in production and they command a hefty price.

They are available at time for auction on E-Bay.

Offey still makes them and they are fairly reasonable. They are available with either 3 or 4 fasteners depending on the Carb set-up desires.
3 for Rochester 2G and 4 for Stromburgs. Depending on your preference.

There are some 6 carb set-ups around. E-bay.

You can check with T/A Performance.

Over-Fueling can be an issue.

I think the most bang for your buck would be the 3 duece with the 2G rochesters

Offey also make a dual quad intake for the 322.

Still the best set-up is a 3X2 progressive.

Regards,

Tom Gallagher

Tri-Power

:waving: Hey BeBop!

How You Doin' ?

You got it right the 3X2 Set-up is the "Best" :thumbsup:

"Hands-Down":app:

Best for Fuel Economy AND Performance.

With the right CFI Carbs you get the ultimate Fuel Performance without over-fueling :shifter:

LQQK real nice. Old School at it's best.

Top of the line "Rain or Shine" :bana:

It don't get any better than that :hurray:

Got your back there, "Buick Brother"

Highest Regards,

Tom Gallagher :shield:

3 duces

Did Weiand ever make a 3 deuce manifold for the 322? I know Offy still does. Any other manf. out there that do? How about dual four manifolds? Ok Ok.....how about any manifolds for the 322
Dale
hello: i do not know how old this message is, however, i own a manafold with 3- 2's on it the carbs are 97's i am restoring a 53 4 door and a 53 skylark which has been in my family since 1957, don't know which one i m going to put it on yet...still have problem with the linkage...hope this helps!!!!

thanks!!!!

bill muse

Saw the thread and decided to kick in my two cents worth - I just found, through a wonderful memebr on here a triple deuce Stromberg drilled manifold for my 1955 264 Nailhead - now I am just waiting on the Strombergs from England!!!!

There is a company there

http://www.stromberg-97.com/

that is remaking the carbs supposedly without the issues they had earlier ( I didn't know abotu any problems). I am on the waiting list for the carbs when they become available, through the local dealer in NH

Bob

Bob check with Vintage Speed they have the carbs and everything you will need. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the info. I am calling Vintage tomorrow to order the tri set-up with I am guessing the Holleys (?) Will post a few pics when it comes in.
Dale

:waving: Hey Guys,

The original GM Tri-Carb Set-Ups in the 50's and 60's (Olds J-2, 1958 Chevy 348, GTO and 442) all used Rochester 2G carbs.

Vintage Speed has them also.

Perhaps they could give you a better idea or offer advice concerning your particular application. :thumbsup:

With the Tri Carb Set-Up the enginge starts and runs off of the middle carb.that has a choke.

I don't know how that effect the push pedal to start on our nailheads.

Personally, I think that is singular among nailheads and Buicks in general and I would want to retain that unique feature. :app:

Just something to keep in mind :cool:;)

Regards,:beers:

Tom Gallagher :shield:

322 INtakes

Hey Tom........regarding the carbs/push throttle starters this past summer I had to eliminate that push throttle due to the solenoid not releasing properly, even after having been cleaned (when I accelerated the starter would try to engage) - I installed a momentary push button down low on the left hand side of the dash in an existing hole - it is not visible and have actually had someone in the car trying to mess with it who couldn't figure out how to start it - I explained the meaning of life to him when I got to him - then handed him over to the police - but it works fine with the existing wirign harness - will be interesting when I change it over though to see how well it works

Bob

Weiand 3X2

I have a Weiand 3X2 on my 55 Special 264. Never really kick it in, way too much fuel for the 264, but it looks sweet. Dropping the Special body on 71 Riveria frame with a 455. When I am done, who knows long this is going to take me, I am sure I will be letting the 264 engine go or part it out. I have 2X4 Offy manifold for a 322 if anyone needs one. I am keeping my 55 Century original.

Back