Differences between 67 LeS base (45269) and custom (45469) models other than trim?

I recently bought another 67 LeSabre. This is a custom (45469) model that I got to cannibalize for my base model (45269). There are obvious differences in the interiors, but there seems to be slight differences in the frame construction as well as the width of the roof - approx. 3" at the top. I am sure that my model info for the base is correct as I have the protect-o-plate, build sheet, and the tags, codes and options all match. There was no build sheet that I could find with the custom model, but the tags and codes all match. It is possible that, well in 50 years anything could have happened! Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

Attachments

• IMG_19800523_063507 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_19800523_063507 - Copy.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_19800523_063437.jpg
    IMG_19800523_063437.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 6
roof - approx. 3" at the top.

holy cow, that's a pretty huge difference. are you certain you're measuring from the same points on each car?

that generation of the B-body is supposed to go from 1965-70 so there's no way that somehow one of the next year model year bodies got in there makes any difference.

if you actually do have a 3" difference in roof width i would assume that the front and rear glass will not be swappable.

Yep!

roof - approx. 3" at the top.

holy cow, that's a pretty huge difference. are you certain you're measuring from the same points on each car?

that generation of the B-body is supposed to go from 1965-70 so there's no way that somehow one of the next year model year bodies got in there makes any difference.

if you actually do have a 3" difference in roof width i would assume that the front and rear glass will not be swappable.

My thoughts exactly!

Back