Ditching the Dual Quads? Maybe..?

fueler191

I need some honest opinions right now. As some of you know my 455 has the dual quad setup with 2 500CFMs, granted im loving it, but sometimes i feel i could be pulling a lot more power out of a single higher CFM 4bbl. and not have to adjust the throttle lines every time i drive it. not to mention being harrased by every smokey for the engine compartment being too "open"

so, the question is, do i stick with the ultra saucey looking dual quads that stick out of the hood? or go back to a single carb and put the stock hood back on...im so tore up!

-jeff-

If I had the 2x4 I'd stick with it!

You surely can't need more than 1000 cfm they are able to deliver. It could be worth it to take them to a good Carter carb man for reworking if you think you are a little slow on throttle response.

You shouldn't need to adjust your throttle linkage each time or hardly ever. Probably an indication that something is not happy.:thumbsup:

I generally work with Holley 6212 for street performance. If you're selling the quads, I wouldn't mind hearing about it:)

well i doubt i get the full 1000cfm flow with the quads, and everythings fine in it, i just have to adjust it depending on how much i want the front carb dumping in, usally dont even have it set to open at all till half throttle, but i adjust it depending on what im doing with the car at that point

but i do love the dual quads

-jeff-

Back