Just back from the Garage

Hello all. I'm a new member with a 1960 Lesabre Sedan that was my daily driver 10 yrs ago. A cracked exhaust manifold parked it for a while and now I am trying to resuscitate. Dynaflo is overhauled and waiting to go in. I am tearing into the 364 nailhead. I'm having a helluva time getting the heads off the block. Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

There are 14 bolts holding the heads to the block. To remove the lower 4 the exhaust manifolds, at least, the bolts need to be removed & the manifolds slipped back or removed.

Thanks for the help...

You have verified that there are 14 bolts to remove. I have all 14 now and it is still stuck on. I'll try later with sparkplugs removed. Any other thoughts? I don't want to get the hammer out until I've tried everything.

Sometimes you have to use a pry bar or screwdriver to break the head gasket loose, as long as you have everything undone as described.

I'm going to assume you have the water manifold/crossover unbolted??? If so, as Bob said, then use a crowbar in one of the intake head ports.

Back