Length

Fitysix

My 56' Roadie will be here today. I was out in the garage cleaning up abit and started wondering :confused: ....How long is this beast? Anyone know? 56' 4 door. Hope I don't have to rearrange too much so that she fits :D .
TIA,
Dale

Fitysix said:
My 56' Roadie will be here today. I was out in the garage cleaning up abit and started wondering :confused: ....How long is this beast? Anyone know? 56' 4 door. Hope I don't have to rearrange too much so that she fits :D .
TIA,
Dale

The Overall lenght is for the series 40 and 60 = 205 inches

And for the series 50/70( 70 roadmaster ) = 213.6 inches

I can never answer these older Buick specific questions until this one and someone beat me to it. :) My brother has a stuningly original 56 Roadie Convertible in his shop right now I could have measured. That is if the conv is the same length as the four door, I still can't answer that. :)

I can say, that 56 Roadmaster is one of the most beautiful cars Detroit ever produced.

Brian

'56 Roadmonster

:waving: Hey '56

The lenght is listed at 213.6

I don't know if that measurement includes the bumper extensions which would add on another 6" front and back.

Sometimes the measurements listed are the size of the body :confused:

Width is around 77" but I don't know if that includes the mirrors.

You better clean out as much as you can, you don't want to start banging her up.:eek:

Need room to be able to open the doors hood and trunk.

Regards, :beers:

Tom Gallagher

Thank-you Gents

Thanks for the answers ......I quess the proof was in the pudding when I rolled her into the garage. WOW is she big. Took her for a quick spin and I have to say it will take me abit to get used to the steering and brakes. She is absolutly gorgeous and I am already planning on the interior etc....
Thanks again guys you rock! :thumbsup:
Dale

Interior

:waving: Hey There '56

As far as the Interior goes, What do You have in mind? :confused:

What color combination does the car currently have?

Steering Wheel, Dash, Headliner, Interior Moldings, Carpet and Seats

All the color combos come into play as well as Exterior Color

Share Your Thoughts

I'm looking into interior options myself

Regards,:beers:

Tom Gallagher :shield:

Last edited:
Interior

Tom,
Interior as it sits is red and black. Top of dash is black bottom is red. Seats are red outside trim with black cloth inserts. Headliner is red and the carpet (which is new) is red. The problems i have now are the arm rest, which I was told had a french seam and it would take too much to have re-done, and the seats themselves. The headliner is in decent shape one or two small tears. The dash is prestine! I walso need all the weather stripping around the doors replaced and window felt etc.....
any ideas where to start looking?
Dale

Interior

Tom,
Interior as it sits is red and black. Top of dash is black bottom is red. Seats are red outside trim with black cloth inserts. Headliner is red and the carpet (which is new) is red. The problems i have now are the arm rest, which I was told had a french seam and it would take too much to have re-done, and the seats themselves. The headliner is in decent shape one or two small tears. The dash is prestine! I walso need all the weather stripping around the doors replaced and window felt etc.....
any ideas where to start looking?
Dale
PS the exterior is black on black with ghost flames

Check with Steele Rubber Parts for the weatherstripping. I got that and the window felt from them for my 53 and it was right on.

Back